Monday, January 7, 2013

Hanging up my skates, hopefully not forever.....

Its a sad time in my life to say that until something drastically changes in my life I will have to hang up my skates.  Our carpool stopped happening and driving an hour each way to derby a couple times a week would be astronomical in our clunkity old truck.  That being said I have some new derby gear I just treated myself to.

I have a new pair of triple 8 wrist guards, L    these were worn to one practice paid $19 selling for $14
I have a new pair of 187 killer pads knee gaskets, L  these were worn to one practice paid $35, selling for $28
I have a pair of triple 8 elbow pads, L also worn to only one practice  paid $24 selling for $18

A pair of the legs avenue opaque sheer stockings (the awesome ones that hold everything in and make your legs look so smooth and sassy) sheer to waist spandex tights never worn still in package paid $9 asking $5

I have 2 sets of the green package bionic bearings I did a review and giveaway of last year, these are awesome.  Still unopened, they were on hold as my backups.  8mm
I got them for $75 each, selling for $65 each or $120 for both sets

I have a package of the bionic swiss red package bearings for 7mm- paid $80 for them, asking for $65

Shipping is up to you unless you get a boat load of stuff, if you want everything I will give you a badass deal.  Please email me derbygrrrrl@yahoo.com
I would prefer internet gift card to Amazon but will also take Paypal or money orders.
International shipping is up to you, sorry, that gets super pricey.

I hope this is not my final blog post forever, as I am hoping there will someday be an adult team in Muskegon, MI.
One last thing, its a.....

GIVEAWAY!!!

If you post this blog entry on your facebook or twitter, please leave a comment here and you will be entered to win one of the awesome SISU pink mouth guard!!!
Please be sure to include your contact information in your comment so if you win I can find you!!
Please post a separate comment for each thing you did, and if you tell me where you play and your derby name that would make me smile too!  Good luck, hope to see you all back here in the future.....




3 comments:

Cassandra G. said...

I just found your blog a few days ago and was so excited! I'm newer to the derby world and am navigating my way currently through learning to skate and play. (I'm from Minneapolis, MN.) And as a vegan, I was thrilled to find you. Thanks for writing! I'm sorry to hear you're having to hang up your skates for now. I really hope you'll be able to continue someday and that we'll hear from you again. Thanks again. I'll definitely be referencing your blog for advice.

I shared this blog on my Twitter feed (@cassiemary28).

Casey said...

But, noooooo! I'm relatively new to Derby, too - part of a league just getting started in DeKalb, IL - and love your blog. I shared your post to my fb page - good luck and hope you are back to Derby and blogging soon!

Stumbleina
(queenqueencaroline@gmail.com)

Laura said...

Posted on Facebook.
Ref and former skater in Champaign, IL.
Lauralowe826 at gmail dot com

Good luck!